communication & public relations
public relations specialist
We are seeking a motivated PR specialist to focus on fashion, lifestyle, and consumer clients. Individual needs to be flexible, hard-working and motivated to achieve. Looking for good multi-tasker, takes initiative, someone well organized, good writing skills and a persistent drive for success.
Key Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Identify, develop & pitch stories that drive coverage.
- Identify, build & grow relationships with media/influencers.
- Drive strategic recommendations for ongoing outreach and relationship development.
- Secure event sponsorship opportunities.
- Event + red carpet management.
- Research, understand, and experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media to achieve overall marketing objectives and goals.
- Influencer marketing.
- Account management: serve a contact with clients; proactively engage on issues.
- Manage and execute projects.
- Use creativity to help develop results-driven marketing and public relations programs that fit into the client's overall objectives.
- Develop & execute integrated communication plans.
- Identify & create relationships that are mutually beneficial for the agency & clients.
- Social media management: creating grids, daily posting, replying to comments, etc.
- Light administrative tasks.
- 1-3 years of experience in public relations.
- Able to handle a fast-paced environment and take direction well.
- Experience in fashion, lifestyle and/or entertainment PR strongly preferred; has established influential media relationships & proactively placed stories.
- Experience with social media management.
- Experience in developing media strategies, identifying story angles, writing releases and press materials and securing top tier coverage for clients.
- Experience with influencer marketing and celebrity seeding.
- Strong experience and familiarity in evolving media landscape, and social media.
- Ability to manage a project, meet deadlines, and handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills are a must.
- Ability to drive client relationships, providing strategic & tactical advice, drafting/executing plans, providing thoughtful analysis, identifying proactive opportunities, crafting materials, tracking coverage.
- Experience with social media tracking analytics preferred.
- Strong writing, research and organizational skills.
- Self-starter, able to work independently as well as in teams.
- Be proactive and resourceful.
- Be willing to work hard.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google drive, Dropbox.
- Loves dogs!
Please email ALL of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with "PR Assitant Account Executive: First/Last Name" in the subject line, otherwise your application will not be considered:
a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for the job!
link to your instagram
optional: writing/work samples
*candidates must live in Los Angeles.